Sunday, May 31, 2009

Weekend

When I started the 25 motif challenge, I figured I would have to make 2 motifs per month and an extra one sometime during the year.  Shouldn't be hard, right?  Well, it was easy at the beginning of the year.  I would often finish the motifs early in the month, and at times I was ahead of "schedule".  Now that spring/summer are here, things are no longer so easy.  I just finished the two May motifs late last week (Thur. and Fri. to be exact).  I haven't scanned them yet.  I should have them scanned sometime this week and will post them then.

The yard it taking up a ton of my time again:)  Not that I mind, I love it.  I am also back to fiddling with needle lace and of course I have to keep up with bobbin lace.  All of this just means less time for tatting.  I'm sure I can keep up with the challenge, but it will probably mean less work on all the doilies I am working on now as well.  That's actually a reason for a lack of posts - for the most part, I tend not to post scans of doilies until they are complete. 

To slow things down even further, I decided to take a 100% tatting moratorium this weekend.  My elbow has been bothering me a bit.  It might be from too much tatting, or from too much computer work, or a combination of the two, or something totally different.  It doesn't matter what it is, I know that tatting tends to make it worse, so it can't hurt to take a few days off.  

I couldn't have asked for a better weekend to do this!  On Sat. we rented a vehicle and hauled the junk that the previous owner of the house left behind off to the dump.  After 2 trips and 0.8 tons of junk that we had to move twice (into the truck and off the truck at the dump), I was dead tired.  The yard already looks soooo much better though!  Today I mowed, weeded and planted some more veggies.  I hope at least some of them take!  

Tomorrow I will start tatting again.  And I still have the last two motifs to scan and post:)

No comments:

Post a Comment