Saturday, May 30, 2009




...again!  I really usually don't make this many mistakes...  I have opened rings before, but tend not to.  If I make a mistake,  I usually cut it out and go from there.  I tat very tightly and tend to use fine thread, both of which make opening rings unappealing for me.  Last night I wanted to finish this round of rings and chains.  I knew I was coming to an end, but didn't pay as close attention as I should have.  As a result, I forgot to join the last ring to the first ring.  By the time I realized my mistake, I didn't want to take out the chain and cut out the last ring, so I decided to join the 2 rings when working in the ends.

It's very easy, really.  When I reach the picot in question, the one that should be joined to the first ring, I pick it up with the needle and then continue working in the ends.  When doing this, I just make sure that I work the ends into more stitches than I normally do.  I usually go to the first picot, but this time, I went halfway around the ring.

You can see a "double" picot where the 2 picots overlap.  Overall, it's a small mistake in a large piece and won't be noticeable unless you're looking for it.  Not a perfect fix, but good enough!

I really need to learn how to stagger the pictures through the post, so they are not all at the top!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like it is going to be very pretty when it is finished! It's looking pretty already!

    Your dragonflies are cute in the previous post. :)

    ReplyDelete