Friday, May 29, 2009

Bugs!!



I truly am addicted to making these little bugs!  They are so much fun to make!  And it helps that they are cute.  Last weekend I saw the first dragonfly of the season, which inspired me to make more of these.  The little guy I saw had just molted.  He was still all white!  Amazing.

What I really like about these guys is that they are very quick to make.  Maybe almost too quick - I churned all three out in short succession.  Not sure why I needed to make 3 though.....  I swear, it takes longer to thread the beads than it does to make the dragonfly.

I used DMC metallic thread in gold.  I think it only comes in gold and silver - at least that's all I've ever seen.  I wish it came in other metallic colors, such as antique gold, pewter, copper, rose gold, bronze, etc.  I had used this thread before and remembered it being easy to use.  I was surprised that I had a hard time pulling the thorax (split ring) shut.  I ended up having to make the thorax knots really loose so I could pull the ring shut.  I think it kind of throws off the proportions, but I really like the way the bug looks in gold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment