Monday, May 25, 2009

Sunday dinner grill doily



Hope everyone that had today off enjoyed their 3 day weekend!  We had visitors so there was not much time for lace or yardwork.  However, the weather was absolutely beautiful - perfect for showing off our area!

We start grilling the first weekend in April and grill alsmot every Fri., Sat., and Sun. until late Sept./early October.  In this area, early April is still quite cool, especially in the evenings!  I like to make lace - usually tat, while waiting for dinner to grill.  Of course when we first started, I couldn't hold a shuttle - it was too cold.  We were still wearing a fleece jacket, scarf and winter hat!  Once the weather warmed up, I was able to start tatting.  I spent most of  April and May working on this doily.  Only on Sundays though.  I'm actually not too sure what I did on Fri. and Sat. nights.  Anyways, we had an unseasonably cool spring this year, and the last two weekends in May were quite cool.  It's hard to tat when your fingers start going numb!  I finished in on Friday - and no, the weather was warm so I didn't have to worry about numb fingers...

The pattern is the center round from the Italian doily I posted last week.  I've still been to lazy to see if I can find a link...  It's 1 round only, which I think is really interesting.  Made with DMC 80 in ecru.  It could stand to be blocked, but that's really not my thing...

1 comment:

  1. Your doily is very pretty. Sounds lovely to sit outside and tat. Sunday grilling sounds fabulous, too!

    ReplyDelete