
A few years ago I decided to work through the book
Minitats by Patti Duff. At that time I managed to get through 14 motifs pretty quickly and then I stopped. I actually pretty much stopped making lace for a few years. A few months ago (either Nov. or Dec.) I decided to pick up the minitats again. At first I planned to work on a few, and when I got sick of working on them, put them away and pull out a different WIP. Well, these little guys are very addictive! Before I knew it, I was well on my way to finishing the book. In retrospect, I probably should have put it away for a bit. Once I was close to finishing, I got kind of sloppy, especially with the few motifs that I was not crazy about. They're all done now! Kind of... I didn't work in the ends as I was going along, so I now have 55 motifs (if I counted correctly) that I need to finish off. Good thing I don't mind. I will however take my time finishing them.
All of the motifs in the book were made with DMC 80 in ecru. If I had started this now, I would have at least chosen different colors. Or beads. Or something to make them more interesting as a collection!
The 5 motifs shown here are No. 15-19. My favorite one is No. 18. In most of the motifs in the book, the size of the picots is shown in the pattern. However, the patterns are meant to use size 20 and therefore the sizes for picots are off if using any other thread. It's a personal preference, but I like long picots and have to really, really, really focus to make a small one. I just went ahead and did long picots for most of the motifs. Some of them definitely don't look as good as they would with shorter picots, but I don't mind. It adds character:)
Pretty! It looks like you are having fun with that book! I'm pretty sure I have it around here somewhere! :)
ReplyDeleteWow You did the whole book!! How awesome is that!
ReplyDeleteI love working with size 80 thread, really gives it a delicate feel.
Hugs
Shirl