Friday, May 22, 2009

From the archives



I finished this doily the week before I started my current job.  I had moved and did not feel like unpacking.  I figured that I should enjoy the time I had off:)  The ends were left undone and I finished them off over the weekend.

Yes, I know it needs to be blocked, but the only time I block my tatting is if I give it away, or the rare pieces I use.  Most of it just ends up in my lace box anyways.  That's actually true of most of my lace.  I like making it, but don't necessarily want it all over the house!  

The pattern is from an italian website.  I think I remember seeing it recently, so it's probably still up.  What attracted me to the pattern is that it's made in only 2 rounds!  The center is pretty on it's own.  The same motif is repeated 10x for the center and then 30x for the second round.  It got a bit boring to work on after a while!  It's pretty now that it's done though.  It looks like it wants to ruffle, but that would probably be taken care of with proper blocking.  Hint to myself:)

Made with DMC 80 in ecru.  (See why I mentioned in an earlier post that I need to branch out and start using colors!)

1 comment: