Saturday, May 16, 2009

Motif No. 11



I finished this a few weeks ago but put off sewing in the ends until last night.  For someone that claims not to mind sewing in ends, I sure put it off a lot!  I just have to be in the mood - when I am, I like to finish off several projects at a time.

The pattern is from 24 Snowflakes in Tatting and was done using 1 strand of DMC metallic floss.

I am normally not a huge fan of green, but I looooove this color!  The scan does not do it justice - actually that's true of most scans of metallic threads!  The color really reminds me of one of my nail polishes - Camouflage by Rimmel Underground.  That nail polish is a very metallic shimmery true green - way too flashy to wear to work!  The funny thing about that statement is that I am perfectly willing to wear dark vampy colors to work.  Dark brown - no problem, in fact it's my favorite nail polish color.  Actually, it's pretty much my favorite color period.  I've also worn black nail polish and really dark red burgundy, almost black.  Dark blue (almost black of course) also not a problem.  Same with dark grey.  Not the green though!  I also refuse to wear bright colors (especially bright red) and very metallic-y colors.  I should state though, that I only wear these vampy colors on Fridays.  During the week I wear very understated sheer nail polish, or nothing at all.


1 comment:

  1. That is a pretty metallic green. Nice pattern and work. I guess DMC metallic thread isn't too bad to tat with. I've used the older metallic threads and had such poor results that I never tried it again. I see so many people tatting with the newer metallics out there that I just might have to give it a try...you know, the Krenik and this one you mention.

    ReplyDelete