Thursday, April 30, 2009

Motif No. 10




I figured this would happen.  Now that spring is *finally* here, I am spending most of my free time playing in the yard.  Weekends and weekdays after work.  I love yardwork and gardening though!

This motif was made in April.  It is Ruffled-Star Snowflake from Tatted Snowflakes by Vida Sunderman.  The thread is a most cool color - black metallic!  (Kreinik braid no. 4).  I was very much looking forward to trying it out.  Black metallic thread just sounded so intriguing.  Unfortunately, I have to say I was disappointed.  Of all the Kreinik threads it was probably the hardest to work with.  It kept splitting - something I have never seen with these Kreinik braids before.  It also felt like it was not very strong and would snap at any time.  Fortunately though, it never snapped.  I definitely wouldn't want to push my luck and do any large rings though!  

No comments:

Post a Comment