Minaret Snowflake from Tatted Snowflakes by Vida Sunderman tatted in Kreinik braid No. 4 (very fine).
Another motif I completed in Jan. It worked up really quickly. Kreinik braid really is fairly easy to work with. Even though I tat tightly, I have yet to snap a thread (which I do when using 1 strand of metallic DMC floss). I am never nervous closing rings, even if they are fairly large. The huge color selection is also a plus!
Tatted Snowflakes is another book I am working my way through. As with 24 Snowflakes in Tatting, my goal is to make every snowflake using a different color of Kreinik braid. I normally tat in DMC tatting cotton No. 80 in ecru or white, so I am used to filling up both shuttles with thread and not paying attention to how much thread I use. Since I don't want to end up with a lot of extra thread on my shuttles once a snowflake is complete, I started trying to determine how much thread I will use. It's going OK so far, but it's tedious. Sometimes I would start the next snowflake if it wasn't for the whole thread calculation thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment