I don't like going by initials in real life, so I don't know why I would like it in my blog! Much, much better now! I'll eventually get used to this whole blogging thing.
Motif No. 5 is from 24 Snowflakes in Tatting, made with 1 strand of DMC metallic floss. Splitting this skein gave me a lot of problems. None of the tricks I had used before worked. I made a big mess, which took forever to detangle and parts of the thread got really damaged in the process. Closing rings was even harder than usual, and I had to restart the motif several times because the thread kept breaking when I closed the rings.
As I work through these patterns, I'm starting to think that these are not the best choice for tatting with this thread. They often have rather large rings (36 ds), which is asking a lot of this thread! I don' t want to change gears now though.
I have never had good luck tatting with metallic thread. I've heard better things about krenik's metallic thread, but haven't tried it, yet.
ReplyDeleteI can see why it was tempting to you; the thread color is pretty. :)
What metallic threads have your tried? I've tried several and have had the most success with Kreinik and DMC. Kreinik is easier, but DMC is crisper. A few others were OK, but I would have to go back and check which ones they were. It's been a few years LOL!
ReplyDelete