Yesterday I finished round 3 of the doily Arches. The more I stared at that cut picot, the more it bothered me. I know that there were several way of correcting the mistake, but the fact remained that I had to alter the pattern when making round 3. I wasn't sure it would look OK when the whole thing was finished, and I didn't want to complete 2 more rounds to find out it still looked funny. Before I could lose my nerve, I decided to cut off the last two rounds (rounds 2 & 3). Now I am back to round 1, but that's OK. I don't have a deadline for this doily, and I like the pattern and don't mind repeating part of it. Lesson learned - I think I will be super duper careful not to cut a picot again!
It's kind of pretty as just a small motif at this stage as well.
You did the right thing, as painful as that was. I'm proud of you and I know your pain. We've all had to do something like that...at least those of us that have been tatting for a while know. Ugh!
ReplyDeleteIt will all be worth it in the end!
I think it will be worth it:) And it was certainly much easier cutting it off now than later. Ti might have been painful now, but at least the mistake won't bother me whenever I look at the doily.
ReplyDelete