Motif 30 of 2nd round of 25 motif challenge.
Day 20 from Bjørn's 24 Snowflakes in Tatting. If nothing else, I am getting more comfortable with split chains! I have done them a few times several years ago, but didn't bother until I got to some of these snowflakes. They're not hard to do, but I do always have to look at how to make them. Since I don't make them very often, I keep forgetting how to do them.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, metallic thread is not the best choice when making mock rings. You can see exactly which rings are the mock rings as they are much larger and floppier than "normal" rings. I know that in order to get them the proper size, I would have to pull on the base thread too hard and would run the very real risk of snapping it. Too bad - aside from the misshapen mock rings, it's a nice pattern.
On the plus side, metallic thread hides practice split chains very well! I'm sure if I was making split chains with tatting thread, the split chains would be much more obvious.
Made with 1 strand DMC metallic thread.
You snowflake looks great! :)
ReplyDeleteThis is lovely!
ReplyDeleteFox : )
Thanks!
ReplyDelete