Aside from bobbin lace, puncetto has been my recent obsession. I am not sure why I like this lace so much, but it speaks to me:) After learning the basics from the Anchor Manual of Needlework, I realized that I wanted to learn more about the lace. I recently obtained two Italian Puncetto books. Since I plan to review the books a little later, I won't go over them now.
This little square is what I ended up with. I finished it sometime in the middle of last month - yes, I've been lazy about scanning! Although the Anchor Manual of Needlework did a pretty decent job going over the basics, there were some things that were still unclear. I obviously still need a loooooot more practice, but it's getting there.
This motif was meant to be used as an insertion, hence the relatively unfinished edges.
Looking at the square I also realize I need to figure out how to add thread. It seems like such an easy thing to do, but it's hard to do it unobtrusively.
Made with DMC Cebelia 30. Each side of the square is 2.5 cm (excluding the edge).
Wow! That looks great! I know nothing of this new craft of yours, but to me it's amazing! :)
ReplyDelete