I said I was on a puncetto roll! I finished the second square earlier this month. Like the previous square, this is also meant to be an insertion.
Tension is slowly getting better. I need to learn how to add thread nicely. You can see the big tuft of thread on the right hans side where I added thread. I'm not sure exactly how that tuft formed... I think maybe the ends worked their way out after the fact.
I don't speak Italian, so I am not sure of the exact translation and I'm kind of making one up as I go along. The first few patterns are what I call "small square", "medium square" and "large square". The square refers to the size of the holes within the pattern. Puncetto I is an example of the "small square". The piece shown here is a "medium square" and as you can probably guess, "large square" comes next.
I am trying very hard to not to skip around the patterns in the book as they all build upon each other. So far it hasn't been too hard - the patterns themselves are fun enough to make and they aren't too big, so they work up relatively quickly. Since tensioning is such a huge part of puncetto, I want to work on my tension with these easy elements as much as possible before I start trying some of the more difficult elements. We'll see how long this lasts! Some of the more advanced techniques are very intriguing:)
Made with DMC Cebelia 30, the square is ~ 3.5 cm on the the side (excluding the edge).
This is amazing! I'd never heard of puncetto, but just found a video on YouTube (font of all knowledge!). I'd never've thought it was created with a needle. You've done a great job.
ReplyDelete