Saturday, September 4, 2010

Baby shoes II


A friend of mine had a baby boy a few weeks ago and I made a pair of baby shoes to give her. Since they didn't want to know in advance if it would be a boy or a girl, I decided to wait until the baby was born to make a pair. I thought about making them in a gender-neutral color, but DMC Cebelia has really limited colors and I couldn't decide on anything. Since I had to order the thread online, I was also worried that I would order two colors that would end up clashing horribly. And no, making them in 1 color never occurred to me!

Yes, they are made using the same pattern that I used for my nephew. I still haven't looked online to see if the pattern is still available. As with the first pair, these are made with DMC Cebelia No. 30 in 2 shades of blue - 797 and 800.

3 comments: