The next puncetto square made with "large" squares. This little guy was finished about a week ago. Tension is definitely improving, but I still have problems adding thread. Actually, in this square most of the threads were added quite nicely until the very end. I had to add thread in the upper left hand corner of the scan and the join is very obvious. I also ran out of thread at the very, very end of the frame. Instead of trying to join in new thread at the end, I decided to skip the last corner (upper left hand corner). It's not like I plan on doing anything with these squares anyways!
I think what really helps when adding thread is not to wait until I am almost out. If I actually plan ahead, I can make the join in such a location where it will be the least noticeable. Amazing!
Made with DMC Cebelia 30, ~ 3.5 cm on the side (excluding the frame).
Hi, I'm Ninetta (ferria's wife), puncetto was a discovery for me too, this summer. I'm yet learning, of course, but I would like to share with you my way to hide the ends of the thread: basically you should not worry about joining nodes in a lace that is all nodes. test with the "nodo alla tessitora" very close to the edge of the work and hide under 3 or 4 knots. It works good for me, it's not even visible on the reverse, perhaps because i use a thinner wire, DMC 60. I tried also to "export" the node of puncetto into tatting, it's like the roll tatting, but it has the advantage that I can include picots and josephine rings beetwen nodes.
ReplyDeleteHi Ninetta - thank you for your suggestion. It's similar to what I tried to do now, but you make it sound much easier! I am sure it will be easier and less noticeable when I switch to finer thread. I had not thought of trying to combine tatting and puncetto techniques!
ReplyDelete