Saturday, September 19, 2009

Baby shoes


I finally got around to taking a picture of these. I finished them last weekend, but I didn't have any blue ribbon and I didn't want to take a photo until I had the ribbon. These are for my nephew (well, hopefully it will be a nephew - they're not 100% sure!).

I started these the last week of August - nothing like waiting until last minute! (The baby is due next week...) I didn't even think of making something for him until early Aug., then I had to decide on the colors, order the thread, and of course start tatting. I was a bit worried that it would take me too long to make them, or that the baby would come early, but luckily I was able to finish them in time. They worked up fairly quickly actually. Even so, I wish I hadn't waited until so late - I would have preferred to work on them at a slower pace. I was relieved when I had the first one done though!

They are made with DMC Cebelia 30 in 2 shades of blue. I hadn't even thought about it until I was done, but I wish I had made the sole in light blue as well. Oh well. I personally like the way the colors turned out. I don't like pastels so I didn't want to make it too pastely or too white or anything like that. I actually wanted a gender-neutral color combination, but with the very limited Cebelia colors available, I didn't have much of an option. Dark/light green would have been my preferred choice, but I couldn't tell what shade the greens really are. Since I was already pressed for time, I didn't want to risk ordering random shades of green and have them not work well together. The ribbon is a bit too wide and a bit too long, but I will leave it as is. It will be easier for the new parents to cut it than it would be for them to lengthen it!

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty! The only problem is I can't see them with all that lovely ribbon! I'm sure they're lovely, though! ;)

    ~TattingChic ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those are so cute! I love the colors you used. Whose pattern did you use or is it an original?

    I'm not a big fan of pastels either, unless they're used with a darker thread for a bit of contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Let us know when your new nephew comes.

    ReplyDelete