I hope anyone reading this in the midwest is safe from the tornadoes going through the area.
Although we needed the rain, I was a bit disappointed to see it rain for most of the day yesterday. Luckily I had completed most of the yardwork on Saturday, but I had hoped to plant a few more things on Sunday.
I took advantage of the rainy day to get some things completed around the house including lace:) At one point I also pulled out my crochet hook to make another motif from my Reader's Digest Needlework guide. I know that's not the proper title, but I don't have the book in front of me... Also, I know that crochet is also lace!
Since it had been a while since I last tried to crochet, I had to look up all the stitches as I was making them. I am making progress though - I now remember how to do single crochet without having to look that up! (sarcasm). It took a few tries to complete this since I mis-read the directions at one point. I am also quite sure that I miscounted the outer row a few times, but decided I can live with that...
Although the patterns are fairly well written, I don't think they are very clear when going from round to round. Luckily I now have enough crochet experience that with some trial and error and looking at the picture carefully I can usually figure it out.
Made with a random thread that I have long ago lost the label, I assume it's size 10 though. The motif measures ~ 2 inches across.
I laughed at your *sarcasm* comment with some chagrin, as I get confused when I pick up the crochet hook, as I always forget which side to pull up the thread into the loop from and which way to wind the thread round the hook... Dyslexia loves even crochet! Also, there is a difference in the directions between US and British pattern terminology, just to make it a bit more if a puzzle for me. So there is always a scurrying about before I even begin as I check everything out!
ReplyDelete