Early this year I made two more stars using the same pattern as
this one. What can I say - the two stars were made as thank you notes and the pricking was already on the pillow!
I had the best intentions of making these stars late last year to include them in last years holiday cards. Life got in the way though and I did not manage to find enough time at the pillow to make them until this year. At least they were completed early this year - one in January and one in February. They have now both been sent to their recipients in proper thank you cards. It will mean one more card in their mail box:)
This is one of the few patterns in the book with no petals. Although petals are easier to make with this metallic thread than with normal bobbin lace thread, I would still have stressed out over giving away pieces with occasional odd-looking petals. It was in a way nice not to have to worry about that!
Pretty stars!
ReplyDelete