The last few posted WIPs have been either bobbin lace or tatting - time for a change in scenery with a bit of puncetto in progress. For me the hardest part about starting puncetto is making the initial base. I have to concentrate hard to keep track of the rows - even with pencil and paper in hand! I often seem to run out of thread right at the end as well! The times I don't run out of thread, I stress about running out of thread until the last knot is completed. I still have not found a way to neatly add thread in the foundation row.
Last weekend I started the next puncetto square with the intention of only completing the base row. Once the hard part was done, I obviously couldn't put it down, because next thing I knew, the first row was done as well!
Sadly I haven't picked it up since then.
I love seeing your puncetto work. One day I will pick it up again, but for now I'm living through you :)
ReplyDelete