Thursday, March 13, 2014

Gekloeppelte Weihnachtssterne



I am not even sure this book is available any more, but since I do steadily post little stars I make from it, I decided to write about it.

This is a very basic bobbin lace book with patterns for 24 different stars.  Each pattern includes a pricking, diagram for making the stars and a photograph.  A few of the not so common techniques used for making these stars are described at the front of the book.  The symbols used in the book are written in multiple languages, but the rest of the book is all in German.  Everything is well diagrammed though, so being able to understand the description is not necessary.  This is a bit objective since I can read some German.

Some of the stars are made in two colors and the schematic drawings of each pattern indicate where to hang the different pairs of bobbins.  Now that I have made several of these stars, I can usually figure out how to work the patterns without having to follow the diagrams, but they definitely come in handy! They are not always intuitive!

Most of the stars require 6 - 10 pairs and suggestions are provided for several common threads along with the magnification.

The stars are fun and for the most part quick to make, although most of them do include petals.  They also look really cute on a little tree!

1 comment: