Finally done with the motif challenge round 2!
This is Light and Airy Snowflake from Vida Sunderman's book. It't a good thing the final snowflake is cute because it was painful to make! There are multiple rings of 2 ds - as in 1 ds - join -1 ds - close. Yikes! I am often nervous when I see larger rings when working with metallic thread, but these small rings were just as nerve wracking! There is a lot of pulling on the thread closing the small rings which then does not get used up as it would in a larger ring. I don't know if that makes sense to anyone but me though. To make matters worse, this particular color seemed extra elastic-y.
It's done though and no threads were snapped during its construction so all is good.
Made with Kreinik brain no. 4.
And no, I will not start with round 3 even though I may continue to make metallic snowflakes. There are still a few snowflakes left in the book I have not yet made...
Your snowflake looks wonderful!! Love the sparkle!!! :)
ReplyDelete