A bit late, but that's OK. I just took this tulip off my pillow this evening. My husband often commented on what a bold pattern it is while I was working on it and I think I must agree.
I like flowers in general, but tulips are my absolute favorite, which makes it even more disappointing that I cannot grow them. There are simply too many animals running around. Some bulbs don't even survive and are dug up by animals later all or early spring. Most bulbs that survive are eaten as they emerge from the ground. The few tulips that manage to survive all that get their blooms neatly bitten off before they open. So sad! I don't want to put a fence around the tulips though - there is something sad about having beautiful tulips fenced off:(
Back to the pattern, it worked fairly quickly, but it did take a while to complete since I did not have much chance to sit at my pillow. I don't like the way I worked some of the corners, but as is often the case it looks a bit better after it's taken off the pillow.

Beautiful! I plan on practicing my bobbin lace this summer. You have been a great inspiration by showing the variety of projects you work on. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful tulip! I like its boldness.
ReplyDelete