While taking pictures of my tetrahedron coin purse, I came across my lonely knit sock that I made a few years ago. This is the sock I vaguely remember mentioning a while back. I looked at it again and confirmed it's a nice sock and it's even made fairly evenly. Unfortunately it's too big! I tried it on again and it is indeed as big as I remembered it to be.
What's kind of funny with this sock is that I hit the gauge spot on (never mind the fact that I measured the gauge *after* the sock was made!), but since I neglected to measure my foot, I was working on a sock that was doomed to be too big. It fits perfectly lengthwise, since I actually measure it as I was working, but is waaaaay too wide across the fit to wear. Too bad.
I really like the color of the yarn and the pattern was easy to follow (Ann Budd - Getting Started Knitting Socks) so I bought more yarn to make a pair that will actually fit. Unfortunately both the yarn and the knitting needles have been sitting neglected since. I cannot bring myself to start another pair. Part of it is that I simply don't have many (any?) shoes I can wear with such thick socks. They would be a comfortable pair to wear at home, if I wore socks at home...
Maybe now that I posted this lonely sock, it will give me motivation to actually finish a pair!
I love the process of making socks, but I've never been able to make two the same size. One always seems to be too big and one too small. I'm thinking of trying to make two at a time. I just need peace and quiet so that I can concentrate on the pattern. ;-)
ReplyDeleteDifficult to find the motivation to finish the second sock when the first one doesn't fit. What a shame because it's a very pretty sock!
ReplyDelete