Since this is one of my favorite patterns I have recently made, it should not be surprising that I made it in a metallic version as well! This one is made with one strand of DMC metallic floss. I finished this late month and I don't recall making any changes to the pattern. It's already quite lovely as is!
On a separate note it's so nice to have the metallic floss already split up! The last time I was using DMC metallic floss I had to split each skein when I wanted to use a new color, which was a pain in the neck. Now all I have to do is grab floss winder with the thread wound and all ready to go.
The size of this metallic floss is also interesting. Granted I don't have much experience working with thread larger than size 80, but I always figured that 1 strand of the floss was equivalent to 20 - 40. Now that I made this snowflake in both size 40 and this metallic floss, I see that the metallic snowflake is smaller than size 40. I now have to revise my sizing and guess that it's somewhere around size 60. I'm not sure why I didn't notice this with any of the previous snowflakes that I made in both size 40 (Lisbeth) and this metallic thread.

That snowflake is absolutely amazing!!!! I love the design and how beautiful it is in the silver!!! :)
ReplyDelete