While preparing to make my macaron coin purse, I looked through the other projects listed on Joanne's site. This tetrahedron coin purse caught my attention at once and I knew I would have to make it sooner or later!
The instructions were fairly easy to follow, but as is quite obvious, my tetrahedron is not a very even tetrahedron! It's more of a rectangular tetrahedron if such a thing could even be called a tetrahedron! As I was preparing for the last step, I managed to get a very nice tetrahedron shape, but since I sewed too far along the ribbon I would have had to undo some of the stitches to make it a more even tetrahedron. I hate to admit it, but that would have taxed my sewing ability so I decided to go ahead as is.
I also did not think ahead so my ribbon ends are not curved nicely like they should be. In fact, I left the first end too short and didn't even have enough ribbon free to fold over under the edge. The compromise is not very pretty!
I also decided to do the only backstitch I know to attach the ribbon to the zipper. Joanne mentioned using a variation of a backstitch, but I couldn't quite figure out what she did. It makes sense when reading it, but I was not about to experiment.
The coolest thing about this coin purse is how you con completely unzip it! I have entirely too much fun zipping an unzipping it:) Luckily the novelty is wearing off...
There are also instructions on how to add a liner which I have not done yet. I have the fabric, so I just need to get over the hurdle of sewing again.
Finally, it's size makes this coin purse slightly more useful than the macaron coin purses I made earlier this year. In fact, this is the perfect size for two clover shuttles! In fact I use this when I sit outside waiting for dinner to finish grilling. I would not try to jam a large WIP in there along with the shuttles, but the small pieces I'm working on fit in just nicely. When dinner is ready, I can zip everything up and keep it out of the way until it's time to head inside.
Overall this was another cute fun and relatively quick project to make. If I wasn't so inept at sewing it would have taken even less time, but as it is, it took me a better part of the afternoon/evening to complete.

I have downloaded instructions for a similar purse, if not the same one. However, I'm terrible following directions, and have not been able to make it work yet. Maybe I'll give it another try now that school is out. I think yours looks perfect!
ReplyDelete