This is the larger piece that I referred to over the last month or so. I have to say I am surprised I finished it quickly as I did - I had expected it to take longer.
As with the previous two patterns, I decided to make this one for myself. I want to say I have made this three times before, but I can only remember two recipients, so I really can't say for sure how many times I have made it.
One went to my mom - it wasn't exactly planned. I had planned to give her a different doily, but I couldn't find the one I had intended to give her, so she got this one instead. This one is nicer anyways:) I also made one for a wedding gift, hence its name - "wedding doily". I have no clue who the third one would have received, if I even made it.
This is one of the larger pieces I have made and I still like it quite a bit. This time around I decided to make it exactly as I had in the past, at least as far as I could tell based on the pricking. If I make it again, and I hope to do so, I will work it differently. The main change I would like to incorporate is placement of blind pins in some of the straight passes. The way I made it works, but I think it would look nicer and more even with blind pins.
The nice thing about making this doily is the outer border if you will. With so many curves, it is hard to stop. Many times I would sit down in front of my pillow "just for15 minutes or so", and then I kept telling myself that I will stop after the next curve, and the next, and the next... Maybe that's the reason I finished it so quickly:)
The pattern is ~ 18 cm in diameter. I think i should be ~ 20 cm, but since my scanner shrinks everything, it is now 18 cm!
This is an amazing piece. I am so impressed.
ReplyDeleteFox : )
Beautiful doily. Is this Bobbin Lace?
ReplyDeleteWow, just beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThank you everyone! Sunela - yes, this is bobbin lace, Idrija lace to be specific.
ReplyDelete