My latest puncetto square that I finished earlier this month.
When I saw the photo in the book I didn't think I would like the pattern - it's too solid for my liking. I tend to prefer the more open patterns, even though it's harder to keep the tension even in the open patterns! For some reason the pattern grew on my while working it, so I quite like it now. It's hard to see from the scan, but it does bowl a bit.
Overall I think I am getting more comfortable with puncetto. Once I figure out how to space out the outside border evenly, it may even be time to move on to thinner thread:) As of now the border gets thrown out of wack along the base row.
Oh, and one of these days, I should probably figure out how to finish off the ends nicely!
Made with DMC Cebelia in size 30, ecru.
Impressive. How did you get a copy of a book? I couldn’t find anything online as lots seem to be out of print or not available.
ReplyDeleteFox : 0
I bought my two books from an Italian vendor that is unfortunately no longer in business. It was disappointing to hear that she was no longer selling since I had my eye on a few bobbin lace books...
DeleteLook what I found! But I am NOT going to spend that kind of money for shipping to Canada! Yikes! Better to purchase more thread...
ReplyDeletehttps://www.etsy.com/listing/86494569/italian-lace-book-manuale-del-puncetto?
Fox : ))