A while ago I sent a
beaded flower to a family friend as part of a thank you note. OK, I sent it out over a year ago... The lady was so happy to receive it, that she showed it to my mom and mentioned how much she liked it. When my mom told me about it, she seemed very interested in beaded tatting, which I thought was unusual since she had never before expressed much of an interest in my tatting.
This year I decided to make her a a little beaded flower. The pattern is one of
Renulek's patterns and although she calls it a snow flake, I decided to call it a flower, mainly due to the time of year. My husband claims it looks like a snowflake to him though!
In order to make it look less holiday-like I decided to not use my preferred metallic beads, but went for these matte glass beads in different shades of blue/purple. That may have backfired since the use of blue beads and white thread does makes it look more like a snowflake than a flower! It's hard to see in the scan, but the beads look almost like beach glass. Very pretty effect.
The pattern was enjoyable to make and lends itself to beads well.
Made with DMC Special Dentelles 80 in white, the flower measures just over 2 inches across.
Very pretty.
ReplyDeleteFox : )
Beautifully done.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous!!! :)
ReplyDeleteThis really jumps off the page! The blue beads are gorgeous!
ReplyDelete