Monday, September 23, 2013

Beaded Flower - take 3



So here is the thing with blogging - I get to the point where I realize I have not posted much lately and I start looking for a quick project that is nearly finished or finished just so I can post.  That is both good and bad.

This little flower was started in early September and completed rather quickly.  It then sat on a shelf for a long time waiting for me to finish the ends.  I realized I haven't posted in a while so I as I was looking around at what I could post, this caught my eye.  A few minutes later the ends were sewn in and the final flower was scanned.  That's an example of blogging being a good influence.  I have been known to keep my projects at the "almost complete" stage for a long time at times without getting around to actually finishing them.  Post is a good incentive to just get it done and post!

On the flip side, I am looking at my other WIPs to see what can be finished quickly so I can post something again soon.  Rather than being drawn to some of my larger WIPs in their earlier stages, or small pieces made in techniques I am not very comfortable with, I am eyeing smaller pieces (mostly tatting) which I know I can finish in a relatively short period of time just to post things here and there.

Sometimes it's hard to strike a balance!  It doesn't help that I am currently working on a rather large project that is so far out of my comfort zone, I cannot even accurately predict how long it will take me to finish.  It doesn't help that I have a quasi-deadline for it.  Maybe I will post a sneak preview (mainly so I can add another post...).

Most of my time is taken up by work, yard work, my large WIP, leaving very little time for lace.  Since I don't foresee that changing any time soon, maybe finishing a few small items (such as the one above) would not be a bad idea:)

Back to this little flower - this is the third time I made it.  Previously I made it with blue and green beads.  I kind of like the red ones, but I think it would look sharper on black thread.  The white is bit too sweet.

5 comments:

  1. I like it again! This is the prettiest - in my opinion. Love it.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty! Good thing that blogging was an incentive to finish it. I know I sometimes find myself tatting with an eye to blogging, rather than just blogging about what I tat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean, got company coming and need to post so have plenty of those unfinished projects, so Friday I'll be posting, just finish over a year old project. I love the beads you put on and this looks great! If you want to visit my blog spot it's called "Carollyn's tatting Blog"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the colorful beads add zing to the white thread!
    You're doing more blogging than I am, so I admire that you somehow fit it in at all, with all your other activities! I'm intrigued about the big project

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your beaded flower is fabulous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete