Friday, September 13, 2013

Sweet Rose with Beads




As I have mentioned before, I *really* like this pattern!  When I was making it the first time, I kept thinking it would be a perfect pattern for these beads.

The motif was made with Lisbeth size 40 (again!) using random seed beads I found at a big box store.  I don't really like that big box store, but it does sometimes surprise me (in a good way!) as it did when I found these beads.  It's the color that really spoke to me.  I wish the beads were a bit smaller though - they are too large for size 80 thread that I prefer, but I think they are quite an appropriate weight for size 40.  They are very irregular though which made stringing them difficult, not to mention putting them over a joining picot...

9 comments:

  1. It looks amazing with beads and if it was in read would look like a Tudor Rose - very English!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the beads added to this motif. Do the beads help stiffen it, or is the motif floppy from the weight?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the look of the beads on this motif! I'm glad you mentioned how irregular beads can be, as I've noticed that, too, with some beads that I have. It does kind of boggle my mind thinking about how beads are made, especially the tiny ones! Beads are definitely popular today, and tatting is a perfect showcase for them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really, really pretty. Love the muted bronze. Which one of Jon's is it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone for your nice comments!

    Fox - this is Sweet Rose

    Diane - unfortunately it's quite floppy with the beads. I think it would hang OK, but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really enjoyed looking at your motif, and love the dark colors, it would be neat if you could make a necklace out of this. And I know what you mean about the beads, I think only the people that use the beads notice them more. This looks great nice job!

    ReplyDelete