Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Baby shoes - summer edition


This is one of the projects I completed a while back. A friend of mine had a baby in July and I made these for the baby shower, which was held in early June. She did not know if she was having a boy or a girl, so I decided to go with gender-neutral colors. Since it was a summer baby, I figured I could get away with using brighter colors. Although as somebody mentioned at the shower, the ribbon took care of either gender:)


The funny thing is that although I started working on this early, giving myself plenty of time, I was still sewing in the ends the morning of the baby shower! At least I was done with tatting by then...

This is the same pattern I have used for all my previous baby shoes. I am very sick of the pattern and am not sure I could bring myself to do it again if I have to. I have other patterns I could use, but I know this one is written well and I know how big the shoes end up once they are made. I would hate to use a new pattern and end up with either miniature doll shoes or big clown boats!

Made with Cebelia DMC in 3 colors. I don't have the balls of thread near me, and if I wait until I get them, this post may not be up for several more months:)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the colors, and the pattern is just the right size. You indicated it may still be online? I'm very interested in it, and also in the thread size. Looks like 30. Glad you posted these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    Cathy - I printed the pattern years ago. When I made the first pair I tried to find it online and could no longer find it. You are correct - I used DMC Cebliea size 30.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! Love the colours.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete