
One of my friends recently had a baby girl so of course I had to make her a pair of baby shoes as well. Similarly to the ones I made
previously, I used two shades of red/pink. I had really wanted the body to be dark red (i.e. burgundy) and the flower and soles pink. However when the thread that I ordered came, I realized that red was not nearly as burgundy as I had expected. It was more a true red. Dark, but still red. It really shouldn't have been that unexpected as the color is called cranberry (I think...). Since I didn't want to make red shoes, I opted for pink. I'm not anti-pink, but this was a bit too much pink for my liking! The new mother liked them though, and that's all that matters!
One thing I changed from the previous ones I made was the color of the sole. As soon as I made the first pair of blue ones, I realized that I should have made the sole the same color as the flower. I forgot when I made the second pair, but I remembered this time. If nothing else, the red sole broke up all the pink - at least a little bit!
Yes, this is the gift I referred to in my previous post.
Made with DMC Cebelia No. 30
I'm still using the same pattern I used for the previous two pairs. I would like to try some of the other patterns, but I know this one works.
I love the booties! I see you used size 30. Is this Mary K's pattern? I used size 20 and I found them a bit big...love the color!
ReplyDeleteThese are very sweet! Love the two colours.
ReplyDeleteFox : )
Thanks!
ReplyDeleteNancy the patterns is a pattern I found online quite a few years ago - I haven't looked recently to see if it's still available. I don't have Mary Konior's book with the baby shoe pattern in it - definitely a book I want to track down one day though.
This is a lovely gift. Really hope that the new mom appreciates all the work and effort..
ReplyDelete