The biggest issue I had with both bells that I made last year was that the picots seemed way too big for the pattern. The big picots resulted in a very floppy bell that also kind of had an odd shape. This year I tried making very tiny picots. It was hard! I am so used to making big picots that I had to remind myself to make a small one with each and every picot. I think it looks a bit better. I'm still not 100% happy with the shape though. I'm not sure I'm up to tweaking the design though - I'm happy enough with this one! (Even though a big part of me still thinks it looks more like a hat than a bell...)
I actually ended up making two bells this year. Unfortunately I gave the first one away before I could get a picture. It was remarkably similar to this one:)
Made with DMC special dentelles 80 in white.
Random beads found at Michael's.
Pattern from Rebecca Jones' book The Complete Book of Tatting.
It's pretty! I think without the final edge it might look a bit more like a bell(just a thought). :)
ReplyDeleteYou're probably right! I'll have to try it that way. If I remember to do so next year:)
ReplyDelete