Monday, January 3, 2011

Bunch


Bunch, the bobbin lace pattern I have been working on for the last 2 or so months. I quite like the pattern and it was fun to make. The name is a bit silly though:)

Let's see - I really liked making the outer round - it was fun and it looks cool. I was really dreading the half stitch filings in the leaf and the big flower. However, as is often the case, once I started them, they really weren't too bad. I think it took longer to pair the bobbins than it did to make the filling!

Pretty much the only thing I don't like about the lace is the ending of the big flower - it's way too noticeable. Must practice more!

Pattern from Idrija Lace by Bridget M. Cook and Metka Tratnik. It is approximately 5.5 in. in diameter.

2 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful. I first thought it was tatting and wondered who designed this. I hope you decide to continue, if not it is beautiful as is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite eye catching! I love the design! :)

    ReplyDelete