Motif No. 32 for 25 motif challenge.
This is the 22 day of December from Bjørn's 24 Snowflakes in Tatting. It's not supposed to be this 3-D thing that I managed to come up with! I really misread the diagram in this one! Somehow I managed to make the spiral chains twice as long as I had to. Right before I started working on it, I looked at the number of stitches and it didn't look like it would work. I should have thought about it a bit more before I started working!
Since it's so 3-D, I didn't even want to try and scan it. Unfortunately the photo doesn't look quite right either. Obviously, photography isn't my thing!
In the end, I kind of like the way it ended up looking though. Judging by the photo, the proper design also looks like it would be pretty. I considered remaking it (properly!), but couldn't quite bring myself to do it. Maybe some other time.
Made with 1 strand DMC metallic floss.
I like those spiral chains. Yesterday, I was studying them in an old Priscilla book. And there they are today! It is a sign.... : )
ReplyDeleteFox
It's rather interesting! At least you tried! If you go for a second one it might work out better. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks!
ReplyDeleteFox - this is the first time I made these spiral chains. I like the way they look. I was a bit worried about the thread though, they would be easier to make with cotton thread than metallic. You end up with a lot of twist on both shuttles which can snap metallic thread if you're not careful.
It's very interesting looking. And, hey, you learned something from it, both reading the pattern and the thread - sounds like it was well worth making it. Looking forward to your next project.
ReplyDelete