Or motif no. 1 round 2. Motif 26 sounds better:) Whatever you want to call it, this is Day 16 from Bjorn's snowflake book. I don't have it with me, so I don't recall the exact title...
This is an OK pattern, but I have to be honest - that huge ring in the center scared me! Metallic threads and large rings tend not to like each other. This particular color was so-so to work with. I successfully made the large center ring on my first try, but after two clovers, I switched to making mock rings for the center ring. I didn't trust the thread not to break and I really didn't want to deal with broken ends. Regardless of the hassle, this particular color is very spring like. Perfect for the season.
I think that making these snowflakes with the DMC metallic floss was probably not the best idea. Most of the patterns have at least one large ring. It wouldn't be a problem using normal thread, but it can get a bit dicey with the metallic floss.
The motif was made with 1 strand of DMC metallic thread.
Wht a lovely Motif andthecolour is really pretty!
ReplyDelete