Monday, May 31, 2010

May Progress

I hope everyone had a nice holiday! We went out of town and had a great time. It was definitely a nice change of pace. Part of me kept wondering how my little vegetables were doing though... (They were all fine!) Really, a perfect weekend.

Between work and yardwork, I really have not had much time to make lace. Add in the fact that I've been working mostly on larger pieces and it means I have even less to show!

Bobbin Lace:
I focused on bobbin lace for most of the month and I am *almost* done with the current motif. Granted I wanted to be done by the end of the month, but that just wasn't happening. Barring something huge, I should be done with it soon. That means the next pattern needs to be prepped. There is nothing worse than finishing a pattern and not having the next one ready to go - and I don't even pre-prick my patterns! If I don't have a new pattern ready to go, I tend to just remake what's on my pillow. That is not what I want to do this time.

Tatting:
Hm. Let's see - I'm almost done with the next motif for my 25 motif challenge round 2. I finished two of my older WIPs and I picked up my large WIP that I had set aside. I only pick it up while grilling dinner on weekends though, so progress is slow. At least it's a semi-active WIP now! I also make one of Teri's hearts. I won't post it because I know her views on that. I don't necessarily agree with it, but that's OK too. The heart was made with the "chiclets" thread so it's *really* tiny. It was fiddly to work with such small thread, but the end result is quite cute. If a little too colorful for my taste... As I mentioned the first time I used that thread - I like the size - colors - not so much!

Needle lace:
I spent quite a bit of time working on my motif last week. It still has quite a bit to go, but at least it seems like I can see the end. I am almost done with the fillings and then I need to do the crodonnette. I'm a bit worried about that, which is probably why I've been putting off working on it.

Teneriffe:
Still nothing. I'm starting to feel guilty!

Knotted lace:
I started the next piece, but it's a larger one, so it will probably be a loooong time before it makes an appearance.




No comments:

Post a Comment