Friday, April 30, 2010

April Progress

I can't believe April is over! Where did the month go? I haven't had much time to make lace and it shows.

Bobbin Lace:
Actually making decent progress on this one. It's very slow though because of the way the pattern is laid out. I currently have 4 fillings to complete. I hope to shoot for 1 per weekend, which will take me through May. I hope.

Tatting:
I finished the next motif in the 25 motif challenge round 2, but haven't scanned it yet. I also finished a few other WIPs. And of course, Chiclets. About halfway through the month I became really, really, really bored with my large WIP that I had been plugging away on. At first I tried to push through it, but it wasn't happening. I decided to either put it away for a while or to slow down working on it. Let's just say I haven't picked it up in about 2 weeks now. It most likely will not be done by the end of the year, but that's OK too. Or I might get a sudden huge burst of inspiration and finish it. Either way, it doesn't matter. I don't want to force myself to work on anything. There are too many other things I want to make.

Needle Lace:
Unfortunately my needle lace was neglected for most of the month. Last weekend I finally picked it up again. I will be happy if I get all the fillings done next month. I think I said the same thing last month though.... I'm not sure what's holding me up - I like the pattern and I like making it.

Teneriffe:
Nothing unfortunately.

Knotted Lace:
I finished the last small motif. Once I work in the ends and scan it, I will post it. I'm not sure what to do next though.

Warning: not for people that are creeped out by crawly creatures!
As I started typing this post, one of these little guys crawled past me (the house version, not one of the "fancy" ones!) I guess summer is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment