Friday, May 21, 2010

Square Motif


Another one my older WIPs completed. This one wasn't that ancient - I started it maybe 4 or so years ago. I think when I left off, the center was either complete or almost complete. I finished the outer round a few weeks (months?) ago and then it sat on my book shelf waiting for me to finish in the ends. Surprisingly, once it was all ready to go it only took me about 1 week to scan it!

The patter is from one of my Japanese books. The books are all upstairs so I don't know which one it's actually from. If I recall correctly, the pattern is used to make a purse and has at least one more round. The outer round is either rings and chains or clovers and chains.

Initially I was drawn to the pattern by the 5-petal flowers. You don't see those very often, but I think they are very pretty. I had planned on making several of the squares and joining them into a larger mat. When I picked it up again I decided I would rather just finish it and cross off another WIP. It's a pretty pattern on its own.

I started planting my veggies tonight! Most to follow this weekend, but it's nice to have the first few things planted.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! I have 2 shuttles with a pattern started on my table next to my chair. For weeks now, I've been trying to figure out what I was tatting, where the pattern is, so that I can finish it! I was doing Christmas snowflakes at the time but that's all I can remember and there is not enough done for me to recognize it!

    This square looks familiar and now that you mention a Japanese book, I wonder if I tatted it. I wish the titles were something besides "tatting". LOL! I would say this is from one of my first books and I do remember a bag. Many of the projects are similar from book to book but they are so pretty and delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely. I would be interested in knowing in what book it appeared.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so pretty. mmmm! a moose lover , did you see the moose on my recent blog post, hope, you like him!

    ReplyDelete