I finished this little flower the week before Memorial Day weekend. I wanted to get it done and rushed through center filling and it shows. Aside from the center, I think it turned out well. The sewings are definitely getting much, much easier. It probably helps that I was used to doing sewings before I started to make Honiton lace.
The last motif in the book is already in progress. It's a slightly bigger one, so it will probably take me a while to finish. Once that one is complete, I will probably switch gears and take a break from Honiton for a while.
This motif is just over 2 in. wide.
Lovely work! I'm decorating bobbins today. Maybe someday I'll be able to make a pretty motif like this!
ReplyDeleteHello, I was drawn by the title of your post, as I am subscribed for lessons in Honiton Lace starting in September. I have the book by Suzanne Thompson as well as two by Elsie Luxton, but I just can't seem to manage without a bit of help. Did you teach yourself? I did teach myself tatting and torchon...but Honiton has me beaten.
ReplyDelete