Saturday, February 13, 2010

Motif No. 24


Almost there! Fourteenth day of December from 24 Snowflakes in Tatting is motif no. 24 in my 25 motif challenge. I finished it over a week ago and managed to sew in the ends earlier this week. Work has kept me busy and I didn't have a chance to scan it until today.

I wasn't sure I'd like this pattern but now that I'm done I really like it. It seems like that's the case with this book. There have been several patterns I wasn't crazy about, but once they were made I liked them. I think the only exception was the ninth day. OK, I did make a mistake in the last join, but by then I already knew I didn't like the pattern. It just doesn't speak to me. This one though - very nice:)

Made with 1 strand of DMC metallic floss. I like the effect of this particular color - from a distance it almost looks like it was made of silver wire. Fairly easy to work with as well.

2 comments:

  1. I like it! One more to go! Good for you!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! :) You really do well with metallic floss!

    ReplyDelete