Sunday, January 31, 2010

January Progress

This year I want to start a series of posts detailing what I managed to do in the past month. More to motivate me than anything else!

Bobbin Lace:
I really like the Honiton pattern I am working on and it shows. Unlike the previous pattern, I am flying through this one. Hopefully it will be finished soon. I am working the fillings, which I don't want to start in the evenings after work. That leaves only weekends so progress has slowed a bit.

Needle Lace:
I finally started a floral mat that I had my eyes on for quite a while. The cordonnet took a while, but the fillings are going by much faster. For some reason, I seem to only work on it on Saturday or Sunday evenings. I plan on starting a second, smaller needle lace piece as well.

Teneriffe:
I've been working on Teneriffe on and off. The biggest problem I have is figuring out what to use as the backing. My cork pad didn't work too well. I tried spreading the web on my little needle lace pillow, but that didn't work too well either. My latest attempt was to use a plastic yogurt lid. I think that might be the best option so far.

Knotted Lace:
Plugging away on that one. I don't work on it that often - maybe an hour or so every few weeks. If I ever want to get my tension even, I need to devote more time to it.

Tatting:
I'm still working on the 25 motif challenge - two to go and I am done! I have put aside most of the WIPs that I had going last year and will focus only on 1 (or so!) at a time in addition to the 25 motif challenge. Currently I am working on a larger piece so it will be a while before I have anything to show.

No comments:

Post a Comment