Sunday, October 25, 2009

Motif No. 19



I'm on a roll! Motif No. 19 was finished end of September, but I just now got around to working in the ends. The pattern is Day 9 from 24 Snowflakes in Tatting and was made in metallic DMC floss. I really didn't like this pattern, which is why it took me about a month to finish it. I think the block tatting is too heavy for the pattern - I prefer a more open, lacey look. I also messed up on the very last join:( Since I don't particularly care for the pattern, I didn't bother cutting it out and fixing it. By then I just wanted the motif finished so I could move on. It is a bit embarrassing even to post it!

On the bright side, this particular color was wonderful to work with (well, as far as metallic threads go!). The skein split easily and making rings was no problem at all. Of course, I had to tat a bit looser than I prefer, but that's a given with metallic thread.

Yeay! The rain finally stopped and I can rake today! I'm sure the rain was partly necessary - the creek that I drive past on my way to work was getting really low - however, I wish it had been more spread out. Almost 2 inches in 1 day is a bit too much! It would have been nicer spread out over a week (preferably during the work weed as not to interfere with my raking time!).

No comments:

Post a Comment