Sunday, February 14, 2010

Honiton 3

Wow - nothing for 2 weeks and then posts in 1 day!

I finished this Honiton pattern last night. I was hoping to finish it last week, but that didn't quite happen. I finished the last filling yesterday.

This is pattern no. 3 from Thompson's Honiton book. I liked the pattern a lot - it's so pretty! My technique still has a long way to go though...

The techniques introduced in this pattern are starting in a point (bottom of lower stem) and a couple of new fillings. The one thing with this pattern is that it's very floppy. I realized that would be the case when I was about half way done. This pattern is perfect for mounting somewhere. Mine will end up in a box though:)

As much as I like the way Honiton looks, I am not crazy about working the fillings. I don't dislike making them, but I am always happy when they are done.

The pattern is ~ 3.5 in square. Or I guess 3.5 in diameter is more accurate.

On to the next pattern!

1 comment: