About 6 years ago (wow! I can't believe it's been that long!) I went through a phase of tatting with beads. I mostly made little medallions loaded with beads. This is one of the UFOs that was left over from then. I picked it up again at the end of last year and finished it. I only had 3 motifs left to go and I really wanted to finish it.
I know the inspiration from this pattern came from one my Japanese tatting books, but when I flipped through them, I could not find the exact pattern. Both the beads (number and placement, if I recall) and the stitch counts do not exactly match those in the books. I must have made up my own stitch count when I started. I must say though, that counting little black stitches was not fun! Thank goodness I have my Ott lamp!
Made with DMC 80 in black and some random brown seed beads I found at Michael's, it measures ~3 in in diameter. On a side note, I need to stick a ruler on my scanner because I keep forgetting to include one with my scans...
Has anyone been following Lily, the black bear den web cam? Ever since I found out about it, I try to look at it once a day. So far all I have seen is a snoozing black bear back. She had a cub on Friday, but it's hiding from the camera:) The snoozing black bear back is cute and all, but I would rather see a peacefully snoozing black bear face! Or now, a cub:) If anyone is interested, here is the link:
That is gorgeous! An inspiration!
ReplyDeleteFox : )
Size 80 black??? Size 80 in anything is hard to see but in black too?? Great job! I'll go see the bear now.
ReplyDeleteThat is beautiful with the beads! Really!
ReplyDeleteHave fun watching your Lily the black bear! :)
How beautiful. I'm glad that you finished it.
ReplyDelete