Sunday, September 28, 2014

Butterfly



Finally completed!  I inadvertently left the nicest piece of lace for the last post of the month:)  I finished this just over a week ago but just scanned it in today.

Now that it is done, there really is not much to say about!  This has been posted  several times in the last year as I worked on it.  I really like the finished lace and I can't believe I didn't like it at first!  One of the most amazing things is how well the antennae are keeping their shape even when taken off the pillow.  They are so cute!

As in all my lace (unfortunately!) there are a number of mistakes, but as is often the case, once the lace it completed I am hard pressed to find them.  In bobbin lace I typically retro lace if I make a major mistake.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! It's amazing :) any idea what you'll do with it yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exquisite ! So very intricate .... Love the entire shape & pattern , & as you point out - the antennae do have a lovely curl. A treasure to cherish :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do tatting all the time and I love butterflies and have to admit the butterflies look better in this kind of lace, very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete