Many bloggers post their works in progress and I am not sure why I have hesitated to do so thus far. Maybe it's because I always have a large number of works in progress so I hardly ever seem to make consistent progress on any one piece. Regardless of my reasons for not posting works in progress, I realized that I like reading other bloggers' posts showing their work in progress! Although difficult for me to do so, I will give it a try! If nothing else, it will give me more things to post. I am realistic enough to realize that I will never be able to post as many projects as I did last year. Sometimes I rushed through things to finish just so I could post them. I like making lace, but for me it's a hobby and I don't like to rush except for the few projects that I make on a deadline. On the other hand, taking extended breaks from posting makes it harder to come back and post something. Posting an occasional WIP will hopefully keep me on track with posting and not me search out small projects to complete just to have something to post.
The picture above shows my slow progress on Butterfly from "Idrija Lace". I stated this pattern sometime last summer, worked on it for a few weeks and have set it aside since. There are two reasons I have hard time working on this pattern. First and foremost, I am not too crazy about this pattern. By now I should know better than to start on a pattern I am not crazy about, but I didn't think I would have this hard a time working on it. The other reason is that there are no new elements introduced in this pattern. I have before worked on a pattern that did not draw me in if I was learning something new.
I have to say, this may be good motivation! I took the photo on Sunday (trying to catch natural light, as much natural light as we had in the rain...) and have since been inspired to sit at my pillow and work on it a bit. Let's not mention that I keep messing up...
This is beautiful, mica. I like seeing works in progress!
ReplyDeleteI like to see works in progress! Is Idrija a type of lace? Or the name of a book? I'll have to look it up. I hope we'll see the finished article one day.
ReplyDeleteI like seeing WIP, and like you, I progress so slowly that without showing stuff that I have started I wouldn't have much to show. I abandoned a Schneeburg butterfly, simpler than yours, but too slow...I wanted to do something else. One never has enough pillows! Now I have one wing of a Bedfordshire butterfly, which must be finished, and a Torchon butterfly to be prepared for class on 20th Jan. I will watch with interest your progress. :)
ReplyDelete