Progress! This photo was taken last weekend and I did manage to get a bit further before Nika snowed us in. I had actually planned on posting this earlier in the week, but between work and shoveling out, it didn't happen.
One of the main reasons I had put the pattern aside is that I was dreading making the petals filling in the wings. At one point I actually considered leaving all the fillings until the end. I decided I may as well try one to see if it was really as fiddly as I thought. Of course it wasn't! I probably should have made a few practice petals with this thread before starting the filling though. You can probably guess I did the top filling first by the fact that it's a lot wonkier than the bottom one.
There is still a long way to go, but it's nice to see some progress.
Wow, this looks amazing! I love your blog, it's so nice to see all the different things you do.
ReplyDelete