Sunday, August 31, 2014

Another skirt!



Fall is here.  I am not talking only about the leaves that are starting to drop in the yard, but also about the fact that days are definitely getting shorter.  I completed both this skirt and the barefoot sandals 1 - 2 weeks ago and put off posting them due to lack of daylight pictures.  I had a lot going on on the weekends, and during the week, I unfortunately came home too late when there was not much daylight left.  In the end I gave up and took photos of both in the evening.  Could have posted sooner!

I completed this skirt ~ 2 weeks ago.  It has the same construction as the other skirt I made earlier this month.  I actually figured out how to make the stitches on the sewing machine longer just as I finished this skirt.  They are still microscopically short in this skirt, but now I know what to do going forward.

Not much else to say about this, other than saying that I really like the pattern on this fabric!  I suspect it's actually quilting cotton, but I don't care - it's beautiful!  I think this will be it for these skirts since there is no need to have more.  I now have to decide whether I want to actually learn how to sew or not.  There is still a lot I have to figure out with my machine.  First and foremost - my bobbin winder doesn't work!  I changed the rubber band, but it still won't budge.  I have some quilting squares that may be good for making a few simple draw string bags for practice - I just have to decide if it's something I want to pursue.  Maybe in the winter when there is generally more time to do such things.

1 comment:

  1. The pic is v clear :-) I like the pattern, too. It does make a nice skirt !

    ReplyDelete